Nalco Pretreatment Solutions (PTS) provides standard and custom water dealkalization systems for commercial and industrial applications, such as reducing boiler water alkalinity. Our water dealkalizers are high quality, well-engineered systems for applications requiring a dealkalized water supply.
For more information, please refer to our dealkalizer bulletin.
DTA Series Dealkalizers
Nalco PTS has a full range of standard systems designed for light commercial and industrial small boiler applications. The pre-engineered dual fiberglass tanks and meter demand systems with top mounted multiport valves, and units provide continuous dealkalized water 24/7.
We offer industrial, pre-engineered steel tank valve nest systems for larger industrial systems. Our wide range of self-contained package systems are configured in single, double and triple unit arrangements. Series industrial water softeners include standard and customizable standard systems.
Adding dealkalizers to cooling water systems substantially reduces the amount of acid required to treat water, and decreases nitrates and sulfates by utilizing specific anion exchange resins.
- Less Blowdown – High alkalinity promotes boiler foaming and carryover, and causes high amounts of boiler blowoff. When alkalinity is the limiting factor affecting the amount of blowdown, a dealkalizer will increase the cycles of concentrations to reduce blowdown and lower operating costs.
- Reduced Chemical Use –The reduction of blowdown by dealkalization keeps the water treatment chemicals in the boiler longer, thus minimizing the amount of chemicals required for efficient, non-corrosive operation.
- Less Return Line Corrosion - Carbonate and bicarbonate alkalinities are decomposed by heat in boiler water, releasing carbon dioxide into the steam. This gas combines with the condensed steam in process equipment and return lines to form carbonic acid (H2CO3). This depresses the pH value of the condensate returns and results in corrosive attack on the equipment and piping.
- Better Textile Dyeing - Alkalinity may also produce non-uniform results in dyeing of textiles and other fabrics because of its effect on the pH value of the dye bath.
- Improved Beverage Taste - In beverage manufacturing, alkalinity often produces flat tastes or tends to destroy taste characteristics of flavoring extracts.
To learn more about our deaklalizers, see our white paper illustrating how to save $91,000 annually in low pressure boiler water treatment chemical and fuel costs using a dealkalizer.
Posted on April 7, 2015 by Brian Krummel